In 1969, Westchester Publishing Services began as a small typesetting operation located just outside New York City. From that modest beginning 50 years ago, we have grown to a 400+ strong, employee-owned company with locations spanning the globe. We’re proud to provide a complete array of editorial and composition services for more than 150 client publishers in the trade, juvenile, academic, K-12, policy group, legal and professional publishing markets, customized to their specific workflows.
Paul J. Crecca, Westchester’s President and CEO, issued this letter in commemoration of Westchester’s 50th anniversary. Click the cover image below to read all four pages of the PW issue highlighting Westchester’s 50th:
Additional coverage about Westchester Publishing Services 50th anniversary:
Below are messages from a few of our clients and partners about Westchester’s golden anniversary. To add your message, please complete the form to the right!
Congratulations to Westchester for 50 years of service to the publishers, authors, and readers. Here’s to your next 50 years!
–Bridget Austiguy-Preschel, Assistant Manager, Production, ABC-CLIO
We’re proud of our friends at Westchester Publishing Services on achieving this monumental anniversary – like fine wine, you’ve matured very well. Cheers to another 50 years of success!
–Michael Weinstein, Production Director, Teachers College Press
Happy 50th Birthday to all our friends at Westchester. We always know we can count on you to make our books look great! Here’s to another 50 years of continued excellence.
–Sue Carlson, VP, Director of Production & Design, W.W. Norton
Congrats and best wishes to our friends at Westchester Publishing Services for continued success.
–Lorraine Shanley, President, Market Partners International
FableVision wishes the warmest congratulations to Westchester Publishing Services for their 50th anniversary celebration. Their team’s dedication to quality, service, and excellence are among the best in the business.
–Shelby Marshall, VP of Strategic Partnerships and Product Solutions
The Gap, Yankee Candle, and Cracker Barrel—those monuments of culture hailing from the heights of 1969. You know them well. To their less ostentatious peer, in a class by itself, we must raise a proverbial glass—to Westchester. Long may it provide relief—and, of course, exceptional, affordable service—to the overburdened acquiring editor. Happy anniversary.
–Garrett Brown, Sr. Director of Publications, The Mercatus Center
Bryan Adams knew the “Summer of ‘69” was special, as do we in the educational publishing world. 50th Anniversary congratulations to Westchester Publishing Services, a great friend and partner in developing quality content for students!
–Rick Kaller, Director, Publishing Operations, Benchmark Education
Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary! Thanks for the millions of pages you’ve set for us, your spirit of partnership and best wishes for your continued success!
Wishing a happy 50th anniversary and continued success to our friends at Westchester Publishing Services. Your commitment to quality, service, and excellence is among the best in the business and greatly appreciated.
–Bridget Bosworth, Editorial/Production Director, Blue360 Media
Being in business for 50 years is a significant accomplishment – but when you’re as exceptional as Westchester is, you’re probably only getting started. Happy Birthday, Westchester. 50 looks great on you!
–Larry Klein, Production Manager, American Society for Microbiology
Happy Birthday Westchester! Pluto is also celebrating our 50th anniversary in 2019. It’s a rare pleasure to work with a company that upholds the same strong ethical framework that we do. Here’s to another 50 years and to making the world a better place!
–Veruschka Selbach, Managing Director, Pluto Press
A business that stands the test of time understands what their customers want and ensures they deliver it. Congratulations on your golden anniversary, Westchester! You continue to excel at providing great service on every project you do.
–Richard Harvell, Executive Editor, Bergli Books
Happy 50th Birthday Westchester! Lion Hudson Ltd is delighted to use your excellent services into the future.
–Lyn Roberts, Senior Managing Editor, Lion Hudson Ltd
Westchester is in very good company with these other cultural moments that are also marking their 50-year milestones:
- The Beatles give their final live performance on top of Abbey Road Studios.
- Neil Armstrong lands on the moon and, “Takes one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”
- The Woodstock festival takes place in the summer of 1969 with 3 days of rain, mud, and amazing music at Yasgur’s farm in upstate New York
- Sesame Street debuts on PBS, while across the pond Monty Python’s Flying Circus first hits the BBC airwaves.
- The internet (yes, really Al Gore) – In 1969, the first official Requests for Comments were published by the US government along with ideas of how to make it a reality
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle was first published
- Wendy’s square hamburger patties were first served up in Columbus, Ohio
- The Chemical Bank branch in Rockville Centre, New York installed the first-ever ATM machine
- Cracker Barrel opened in Lebanon, Tennessee
- Tic Tacs were introduced — but we don’t think there’s any connection with the food being served at Cracker Barrel
- Neil Diamond released Sweet Caroline — so good, so good, so good!
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings was published by Maya Angelou
- The first Pontiac Trans-am rolled off the assembly line
- The first Boeing 747 debuts, and the first test flight of the supersonic Concorde happened in 1969