The publishing community relies on Westchester for every step of a full-service editorial and composition project. Publishers know they can count on us for high quality, accurate, on-time projects every single time.
How We Work
Each new book received by Westchester is assigned to one of our experienced, U.S.-based production editors, with oversight by the production manager. The production editor handles all communications with the publisher contact, as well as with author(s), freelancers, and the composition group. This production editor is responsible for all stages of production and for maintaining the schedule. Our U.S.-based editorial services team of editors are located in our Danbury, CT headquarters.
In addition, the production editor is responsible for reviewing the copyedited manuscript, ascertaining that specifications are complete, working with the author, and selecting the proper copy editors, proofreaders, and indexers for the project. The production editor also works directly with the designer and with the art program.
Our services can include:
- Interior Design – work with existing, matching or creating an original.
- Illustrations – arrange for sizing, scanning, correction, adjustments, and rendering as directed by the publisher
- Permissions, Fact Checking, and Photo Research
Our expertise includes:
- Academic and Technical Journals
- Juvenile Fiction/Non-Fiction
- Trade Fiction/Non-Fiction
- Complex Reference Titles
- White Papers
- Technical Manuals
- 4-color Cookbooks
- eBooks (universal formats for all major digital reader devices)