Our team of engineers, compositors, and editors understands the various workflows used across our industry for ePubs and digital conversion. We know that not every workflow is the same, which is why we partner with you to review and even customize the workflow so we can manage your files from author manuscript through to final digital assets, aligning with your processes and timelines. Our workflows are designed to ensure that the digital conversion or ePub processes are clear and work cooperatively with your workflows and timelines.
We have three tagging options available for you and your copyeditors:
- Out-of-the box tagset – easy to use, with a clean codebase for composition and XML conversion.
- Map your editors’ copyediting tags – unifying your set and mapping to the set for composition and XML conversion.
- Continue to use your current tagset or variant tags – sending files to us for cleanup prior to composition and XML conversion.
Digital Conversion Capabilities:
- Creation of printer PDFs
- Creation of web PDFs
- ePubs, including Reflowable and Fixed Layout Files (ePub, KF8, ePib, Page Perfect)
- Custom, complex interactive ePub file conversion
- XML files specific to Atypon, HighWire, and other platforms
- Pre-Edit Service
Westchester is conversant in XML standards such as NLM, DocBook, TEI, and others as well as client-specific document type definitions (DTDs). We also offer our own proprietary DTD, Westchester Universal, and can provide custom XML workflows specific to your needs (i.e. at the copyediting stage).