Westchester Publishing Services is the #1 Domestic Full Service Pre-Press Publishing Services provider
About Westchester Publishing Services
Westchester Publishing Services is the largest U.S. based company focused exclusively on providing pre-press editorial and production services for publishers of books, journals, textbooks and white papers. We are not a printer, which allows us to dedicate 100% of our resources and expertise on delivering the highest quality editorial, composition, design, and digital conversion services for your projects, from the manuscript stage through final print-ready and digital files. When pre-press production is complete on your projects, Westchester is able to coordinate directly with your printer of choice to ensure print-ready files meet with your required specifications.
Westchester Publishing Services delivers cost saving options which let you grow your publishing program. We make sure your projects receive the attention to detail and high quality you demand, maintaining firm control over the final product by ensuring production work for Westchester clients is never sent to third parties. We are committed to delivering excellence, every title, every time, which is why we have trusted partnerships that span over decades and thousands of publications.
Westchester has the project resources and experience your publishing program requires
Westchester is experienced in every type of book, from simple monographs to highly illustrated editions such as cookbooks. We have extensive expertise with all forms of journals including those requiring 3B2; along with experience in the production of white papers, reference books and promotional materials. Through our K-12 Publishing Services division, we oversee content creation and pre-press production of student books, teacher guides and ancillaries.
Publishers including Macmillan, Harvard University Press, W.W. Norton, Bloomsbury, Mary Ann Liebert, The MIT Press, and The Brookings Institution Press rely on Westchester Publishing Services for the following pre-press services:
- Domestic Full Service – U.S. project management and copyediting, offshore composition. Proofreading, indexing, and art adjustments available as optional services
- Composition Only – U.S. customer service with offshore composition/typesetting, using InDesign, 3B2, and LaTeX
- Design & Layout Services – From cover design, book design and layout, 4-color composition, photo research, and more, our design team has the talent and capability your project requires
- India Direct Full Service – Noida/New Delhi project management with U.S. or India copyediting, optional services available
- India Direct Composition Only – Includes access to a U.S. based customer service representative for project resolution assistance
- ePub and XML services
- K-12 Publishing Services – Full service content development through all stages of pre-press production for K-12 educational publishers.
Please consult our specific product pages to learn more about how our full suite of service offerings can be tailored to your requirements.
Founded in 1969, and based in Danbury, CT, Westchester has been a provider of the highest quality editorial and composition services to our clients for nearly 50 years. Westchester fulfills editorial and production requirements for our more than 100 client publishers, on over 4,000 book titles and 100+ journal volumes each year. This represents annual production of over 1 million pages of client content.
During the last two decades when virtually every U.S. pre-press production company of medium or large size was bought up by India-based firms, Westchester took the opposite approach, acquiring 100% ownership of an India-based composition firm, Antares Publishing Services (APS) in 2008. With offices in Chennai and Noida, and a staff of over 300, APS is exclusively dedicated to production services on behalf of Westchester clients. In another forward-thinking move, Westchester is now a 100% employee owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), established in 2014.