We hire experienced freelance copyeditors to edit nonfiction titles in the scholarly/academic, professional, and reference fields. Must be proficient with the Chicago Manual of Style and able to edit using Microsoft® Word’s track changes function.
Currently, we are particularly interested in recruiting editors experienced with technical/medical/engineering subjects. We also employ freelance proofreaders and indexers.
*NEW POSITION* Freelance Production Editor
We are seeking an experienced freelance production editor for our editorial services department. Our main clients are academic publishers in the humanities and social sciences fields. The applicant must have direct experience in the scholarly book publishing field.
- In-depth knowledge of scholarly book production, including Chicago Manual of Style and other publishing conventions; minimum five years directly related experience.
- Specific experience managing titles from manuscript to final printer files for academic publishers, including managing and vetting the work of freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, and indexers.
- Solid knowledge of editorial style, especially Chicago Manual of Style, excellent proofreading skills (including correct posting of changes), and ability to work with manuscript files and tracked changes in Word. Experience with PDF markup tools is also necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with authors, publisher clients, and inhouse staff.
- Experience managing art programs involving halftones, line art, and occasionally 4c images.
We are looking for book designers with the ability to interpret our clients’ needs while working with our Production team. Designers should have experience in a variety of book markets, particularly the K-8 market, and be able to work from conceptualization to page layout.
To be considered for the positions listed above, please complete the form on this page and provide a brief summary of your experience in the “Message” section. Qualified applicants will be sent test materials.
Westchester K-12 Publishing Services is seeking copyeditors with mastery of written English and a keen eye for detail. Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Freelance Writers and Editors
Westchester K-12 Publishing Services is looking for writers and editors with experience in the school market for our Editorial team. Writers and editors should have experience in the classroom, as well as demonstrated experience creating content for the school market. Work is assigned by project. Complete the Shortlist application, fill in your relevant skills, and we will look for a project that fits your skill set.
Full-time Employment Opportunities
Currently, we do not have any full-time opportunities available. Please check back on this site regularly, and follow us on our LinkedIn page for updates regarding Westchester’s employment opportunities.