Westchester Publishing Services is the premier US service provider of Editorial Project Management, also known as production editing, for publishers in the US market. We provide project management services for:
- Adult and Young Adult Trade
- University and Academic Presses
- 4-color professional and how-to books
- Policy groups and Industry Trade Organizations,
- Professional and Legal Publishers
We can support essentially any type of print or digital book or publication, with expertise and care.
Offshore Project Management
Our Offshore (India-based) Editorial Project Management service launched in 2015, following a history of highly-sought-after US project management services dating back to the 1990s. And while the editorial project management expertise of our U.S. team lead by Susan Baker may have been enough to ensure a top-flight offshore editorial project management team, we decided to add to our staff by bringing in an India editorial management veteran, Mona Tiwary, to head up our New Delhi, India based offshore project management group.
An essential element of any editorial project management service is Copyediting. In establishing our offshore service, we recognized that while publishers would be quite comfortable with offshore project management, they may not be as comfortable with offshore copyediting. Therefore, you can have a choice of using a US, UK, or India-based copyeditor. You identify the best source for your publication on a project by project basis.
What We Can Do
Westchester Publishing Services’ Offshore Editorial Project Management service for books, white-papers and similar publications is an attractive product for publishers seeking high-quality editorial and composition services at the most cost-efficient price point possible. Westchester leverages its decades of experience with its US managed editorial project management to its offshore service, ensuring a high level of quality at a very competitive price.
Our India Direct Full Service offers these key advantages and features:
- All of our offshore (India-based) Project Managers are employees of Westchester Publishing Services; we do not outsource this work
- US copyediting, proofreading and indexing are available
- A manuscript Pre-Edit to add style tags with your tag set or Westchester’s tag set
- No extra charge for less than 10 corrections/AAs per set page, table typesetting or image placement.
- Access to a US-based project resolution representative to handle urgent project matters
- Proofreading, indexing, art adjustments and design services are also available
- Proven workflow processes that can be customized to your needs
Westchester Publishing Services offers very appealing discounts with annual volume commitments on our offshore editorial project management service. For the occasional high profile title, you always have the option to manage special projects through our US-based Domestic Editorial Project Management service, or our US-serviced Quality Composition Typesetting.
We also offer an India Direct Composition-Only option for those projects where composition is all you need.
If you’re not sure which option is best for you, review our chart to compare all three.
For our UK publishers, please visit our UK division site. And for K-12 educational publishers looking for content development, assessment, art, design and English Language Training support, visit our Westchester K-12 Publishing site.